The Cord Idler is designed to reduce the friction on the lift cords when the roman shade is raised and lowered. Not only does it reduce the friction, but it swivels forward and back to allow for a smoother operation... it's much smoother than using a screw eye.
The maximum number of lift cords that should be threaded through the small cord idler is 6 lift cords.
The maximum number of lift cords that should be threaded through the large cord idler is 10 lift cords.
The cord idler can be used for a roman shade, austrian shade, hobbled roman shade and balloon shades.
You should one cord idler for each lift cord in place of the screw eyes.
Use the following steps to install the cord idlers...
- Mount your roman shade to the front edge of your dust board.
- For a flat roman shade, your shade rings should be spaced 8" to 12" across your roman shade.
- Use a Cord Idler for each vertical row of rings (for each lift cord)
- Align each Cord Idler with a lift cord when moutning the Cord Idler to the dust board
- Next string the Cord Lock. Click here to learn how to string the cord lock.
- After completely string the cord lock, mount the cord lock to the dust board.
- Route all the lift cords through the Cord Idlers and then down through the shade rings.
- Securely tie each lift cord to the bottom ring of each row... or use our lift cord Orbs.
- When the roman shade is all the way down, knot all the lift cords together as close as possible to the Cord Lock.