1. Make drapery panels, finish side and bottom hems and at the top, fold over a doubled 4” header. Do not sew the header.
2. With the Grommet Tape face up, find the first set of green repeat-indicating threads and mark with a pin.
3. Place the tape along the drapery, on the back of the heading and count off an even number of grommet holes until you are near the opposite side. You will want to end with a green repeat-indicating thread. Mark with a pin at each end and trim off tape 1¼” from each mark and turn under the edges. Carefully pull out the cord from the shirring strips and tie together on each end.
4. Pin the tape to the drapery, ¼” down from the top edge and machine stitch the tape to the panel along the light green sewing lines. Stitch both edges in the same direction, being careful not to sew over the shirring strips.
5. After the tape is sewn to the drapery, cut away holes and install grommets following instructions provided with grommets.
6. After the grommets are in place, pull up the shirring cords from one end, gently pushing the fabric and gathering up the shirring strips.
Continue until the panel is pulled up to the desired width. Do not cut off the excess cords. Wind the loose cords together and hand stitch to the panel.
7. Thread a decorative pole through the grommets and place the pole in brackets installed on the wall over the window.