|Round Pillow with Buttons
This style of pillow makes a pretty addition to a bedding ensemble.
• 18” Round Pillow Insert
• Fusible Stabilizer
• Pillow Template
• Polyester Welt Cord 5/32” size
• Tapestry Needle
• Snap‐Together Buttons Size #60 or larger
• Mattress Needle
1. Place the pillow template on the fabric and draw a circle for back of pillow 15” diameter (this includes seam allowances) on the fabric. Cut out circle. If using silk, faux silk polyester or other thin fabrics, apply Fusible Stabilizer to the back. Photo 1.
2. Cut one strip of material 11” x 52”. Serge edges if needed. The pillow is now ready to assemble. Photo 2.
4. Apply the long cut piece (for the top of the pillow) by sewing with fabric face down and sewing snug next to the welt cord. Photo 4.
5. Stop a few inches away from where the beginning and ending meet and mark for the seam. Photo 5. Sew the two ends of fabric together, trim away excess leaving a ½" seam allowance and then finish sewing around the pillow next to the welt cord.
7. Fold over ¾” along open edge and iron under. Sew with a matching thread making a pocket Photo 7. Leave a small area unsewn.
8. Tie a long piece of cord to a tapestry needle, insert it into the small open area of the seam and feed it through the casing. Leave both ends outside of the pillow. Photo 8. Cut cord and remove the regulator.
10. Cover two buttons and thread a piece of doubled shade cord through the eye of one button. Photo 10.
11. Thread the other end of the cord through a long mattress needle and pierce from the center of the front through the pillow and out the other side. Photo 11.
Photo 10 Photo 11 Photo 12
Tip: Another idea would be to place a fabric rosette in the center instead of the button.